Does anyone have any experience backing up mySQL from
a "shared" web hosting account? I don't have root
access to the database... will this keep me from
running a shell script to do the back up? Is there a
php script that will work better for me? I don't need
the database emailed to me... just zipped and put onto
my server where I can FTP it.

thanks in advance..

Nick