# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-03 11:19:21 +0500:
> ===ORINGIAL===
[...]
> ===END ORIGINAL===

Gah, early morning! Ok, I wasted my time thanks to your quoting style.
Would you please use something more conventional, like prefixing each
line of the quoted material with "> "? Thank you!

> I tried following code but it gives the same error
>
> $link="
> http://123.123.1.2:8008/V3JRoute?slot=1&startX=103.880764&startY=1.335458&endX=103.886297&endY=1.334953&routeType=1&format=2
> ";
>
> $handle2= fopen($link,"r");
>
>   $contents = '';
>   while (!feof($handle2)) {
>     $contents = fread($handle, 819200);
>     echo $contents;
>   }
>
> I tried opening the given URL directly, but this url seems to be a broken
> link. If you try any other link, it will work

Thank you for the information.

Seriosly: does that mean that your original question is answered, or do
you still expect advice on getting it to work? I really can't tell,
there's neither a question nor a "solved" statement in your email.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.
--- Begin Message ---
# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-03 11:19:21 +0500:
> ===ORINGIAL===
> hi all,
>
> I got problem in getting file content. the file is located at another server
> (tomcat) and it is a jsp file.
> i don't know why i keep getting the same error message file accessing that
> file but
> while i am trying to access to another file, from another server it run
> perfect.
> this is the error message i get:
> PHP Warning:
> file_get_contents(
> http://123.123.1.2:8008/V3JRoute?slot=1&startX=103.880764&startY=1.335458&endX=103.886297&endY=1.334953&routeType=1&format=2
> )
> [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!
> $5$13:53:22,13:53:22,13:53:22,13:53:22,13:53:22$0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0$Depart
> on,Turn sharp left onto,Continue on,Turn right onto in C:\Program
> Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\phpviewersample\xmlaccesstrial.php
> on line 5
>
> take note that the text in bold is part of the page contents.

The text/plain version of your multipart/mixed email omits terminal
escape sequences ("tags") so there's no bold. But that error message
is somehow garbled anyway.

Now, what happens if you try to display that same url in a normal
browser on the same network where it fails in the PHP script? If it
works, what's the difference between the two requests? Use a packet
capture and analysis tool like Wireshark (formerly Ethereal) to tell.
If it doesn't work, fix that first. If it works from a normal browser,
you can't see anything wrong with the request made by PHP, *and* you
know your requests actually hit the server, ask its admin to cooperate.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.