# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-05 11:05:48 +0200:
> On 05/01/07, Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >The syntax is very dense which makes it easy to forget if you don't
> >practise. On the other hand, it's very easy to stay in form: regular
> >expressions are everywhere, even the Perl-compatible ones.
>
> I suppose it's rather easy to stay physically fit as well, assuming
> that you run every day. However, I sit too many hours in the
> university library and not enough running nor coding regexes. So, my
> abilities in both are not what they should be. Thanks for bearing with
> me, though.

I have seen many recommendations of Mastering Regular Expressions by
Jeffrey Friedl (O'Reilly), perhaps it's in your library. I haven't read
that book.

"man perlre" has gobs of info, it's a tough text, but points to
tutorials and further references.

"man pcre" lists all manpages of that package.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.