From: Edin Kadribasic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 1/5/2007 14:27
To: PHP internals; php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] FastCGI optmized Windows build of 5.2.1RC2
Hello,

I have made a second build of 5.2.1RC2 for Windows with no thread safety enabled. This will only work for non threaded SAPIs such as CGI/FastCGI and CLI. The reason for this is that managing per thread state takes some CPU time from the main task of running PHP scripts making non thread safe PHP significantly faster. My initial benchmarks show 20-30% performance increase.

This, together with the new fastcgi implementation for IIS from Microsoft should bring PHP performance on Windows to a new level.

http://downloads.php.net/edink/php-5.2.1RC2-nts-Win32.zip
(76aa90a7fdb0bd2eb62c1172501d6c6e)
http://downloads.php.net/edink/pecl-5.2.1RC2-nts-Win32.zip
(a493bdf794a5d44d749f6dcd2a55f9da)