Robert Cummings wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 20:57 -0500, Jim the Standing Bear wrote:
Hello,

I have a newbie question regarding URL parameters.  The PHP script I
wrote need to read parameters passed in from a URL, so as an example

http://my.domain/myscript.php?name=me&age=27

and my script would use $name to get the value for name and $age to
get the value for age.

Everything was working fine until the sysadmin did a upgrade of the
PHP server, and $name and $age both give me nothing.

I am just wondering if the latest version of PHP has changed the way

Ummm, pull your head out of the sand (or whatever other dark recess you
have it stuck in). Register globals ini setting was defaulted to "off"
about 3 or more years ago :/

Cheers,
Rob.
Mate is this kind of behaviour really neccesary? Some people don't know everything that you do, and he has already stated he isn't responsible for administering the server.