On  6 Jan 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Thu, January 4, 2007 2:47 pm, Karl Pfl=E4sterer wrote:
>> In my opinion include() should respect symlinks to directories and not
>> dereference them before finding the file to include. Or am I wrong
>> here?
>> The PHP version is 5.1.6 (will soon be updated).
>
> WHOOPS!
>
> My fingers slipped and I keyboarded to "Send" button.
>
> SORRY!
>
> ... and use full pathname when you go to read a file.
>
> Anything else is more like playing an Adventure Game than Programming.

IMO you're absolutely right, but I didn't ask the question out of sheer
curiosity but it has to do with the way script files (here at work) find
the right files to include for navigation, banners etc.  Symlinks to
files and directories are used a lot and sometimes it's very convenient
to include some files with an absolute path (the files which are the
same for all) and some files with a relative path (the files specific
for one page).  mod_include had been used before PHP and it was common
to use this technique.

   KP