Ryan Fielding wrote:
Chris wrote:
Ryan Fielding wrote:
I'm using a session to save cart contents within a store, and this session follows the user as they proceed through the checkout. My problem is, if a customer orders say 10 items, they have the option to input 10 different addresses that these items will be delivered to. I've noticed that some sessions are timing out before the user can finish entering in all the details. I thought that maybe a tiny iframe calling a page that used <Meta Http-equiv="Refresh" Content="300"> to refresh the iframe every 5 minutes, but no such luck.

Does anyone know of any thing else i can try to stop this from happening?

What's the session expiry time set to? Try setting it manually?

See http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-cache-expire.php

It's currently set to the default 180 minutes.

In regards to this, i would like to keep it at 180 minutes, but only extend it for certain instances where the customer is taking a long time to enter the details.