The code above displays no information at all.

What I want to do is:

1. Retrieve my information
2. Assign it to a variable
3. Output the data into a table with each unique record in a seperate row

On 1/18/07, Brad Bonkoski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dan Shirah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to pull data and then loop through the multiple results
> display
> in seperate rows.
> My database contains several tables which are all tied together by the
> credit_card_id.  After running the query, it ties the unique record
> together
> by matching the credit_card_id in both tables.  How would I go about
> displaying the results of this query in a table with a single row for
> each
> unique record?
>
> Each row of the result will have 5 columns: Request ID, Date/Time
> Entered,
> Status, Payment Type, Last Processed By.
>
> If I assign the results of the query to variables (Such as $id =
> $row['credit_card_id'];) how would I display that data?
>
> Would it be something like this:
>
> foreach($row as $data)
> {
> echo "<table>
>  echo "<tr>
>
>      }
> Below is the code I have so far.
>
> <?php
> $database = "database";
> $host = "host";
> $user = "username";
> $pass = "password";
>  // Connect to the datbase
>  $connection = mssql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die ('server
> connection failed');
>  $database = mssql_select_db("$database", $connection) or die ('DB
> selection failed');
>  // Query the table and load all of the records into an array.
>  $sql = "SELECT
>     child_support_payment_request.credit_card_id,
>   credit_card_payment_request.credit_card_id,
>   date_request_received
>    FROM child_support_payment_request,
>         credit_card_payment_request
>      WHERE child_support_payment_request.credit_card_id =
> credit_card_payment_request.credit_card_id";
First of all, if you are joining on the credit_card_id, you only need to
select one of them.  So your query would be:
select child_support_payment_request.credit_card_id,
<table_name>.date_request_received
from child_support_payment_request, credit_card_payment_request
where child_support_payment_request.credit_card_id =
credit_card_payment_request.credit_card_id
>  $result = mssql_query($sql) or die(mssql_error());
>  while ($row=mssql_fetch_array($result));
echo "<table>";
while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($result)) {
   $id = $row['credit_card_id'];
   $dateTime = $row['date_request_received'];
}
echo "</table>";