On Thursday 18 January 2007 06:26 pm, esteban wrote:
> I have a windows 2000 server with apache 2.0 and php 5.1.2. I use session
> variables to validate users, each page have something like this:
>
> if($_SESSION["validated"]==0){
>   header("Location: index.php");
>   exit;
>  }
>
> This worked fine when i had only one domain, but when i began to use
> virtual domains, sometimes, not always, the session variable lost the value
> or the session variable is distroyed, i don't know what really happens.  I
> add this lines to httpd.conf for each domain and the main domain is first:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/domain"
>     ServerName www.domain.com
>     ErrorLog logs/domain.com-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/domain.com-access_log common
>     php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/htdocs/domain/tmp"
>     php_admin_value session.save_path "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/htdocs/domain/session"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> At the beginning i didn't use the two last lines with php_admin_value, i
> add the lines for trying to solve the problem but it doesn't work.
>
> I have an application made with phpmaker and SquierreMail v.1.4.7 too, and
> i have the same problem in both. In both case sometimes, when i want to go
> to other page, the server ask me for the username and the password, it is
> not always.
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks.

Following Chris' idea - going from http to https - try this simple technique -
works for me:

<?php session_start(); ob_start(); ?>
<?php if ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] != "on")    {
        header("Location: https://your_domain/the_page_you_want_at_https";);
        exit;}
?>

Saves you having to explicitly set the page for https

Hth,
Andre