From: Roman Neuhauser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 12:17 PM
To: WeberSites LTD
Cc: 'Don'; php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] email validation string.

# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-19 10:55:21 +0200:
> From: Don [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I'm trying to get this line to validate an email address from a form
> > and it isn't working.
> >
> > if (ereg("[EMAIL PROTECTED]",$submittedEmail))
> >
> > The book I'm referencing has this line
> >
> > if (ereg("[EMAIL PROTECTED]",$submittedEmail))

1. Why did you remove the backslash? (the original was correct) 2. What do
you expect the regexp to match?
3. Define "it isn't working".

> Try this : http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-3274.html

This will reject addresses that use greylisting, and 600 lines in a single
function is gross.  I wouldn't touch that.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.