# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-20 16:50:48 +0100:
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> 1. user stuffs things into shopping basket on [my] site (data stored in
> session)
> 2. user goes to check out.
> 3. user chooses online payment.
> 4. user is redirected to online payment provider site
> 5. user completes payment successfully
> 6. online payment provider site contacts [my] site/server directly with
> transaction status/details
> 7. user is shown 'thank you' page on online payment provider site
> 8. user is redirected back to [my] site and shown 'real' 'thank you' page.

That was perfect, thanks a lot!

> normally in step 8 the webbug would be placed on the 'thank you' page,
> but in this case the data needed to craft the webbug's url is no
> longer available - the solution is to perform the request the the
> webbug's url represents directly from my server during the
> code that runs as a result of the request made by the online payment
> provider in step 6.

Is it important that the callback gets called synchronously?  Is the
order reconstructible from the callback url?  If not I'd write
a small script to fetch urls from a database table and feed them to
wget or similar.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.