Hi,

First off thanks to everyone for the previous help. I managed to get it
sorted out and used several of the suggestions made.

I am trying to do a DESC table_name using PHP so it looks like it would it
you did it from the command line.

i.e.

| Field     | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id        | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| name      | varchar(30)  | NO   |     | NULL    |                |

What I have found is that the following does not work the way I would have
thought.

        $query = "DESC table ".$currenttb;
        $result = mysql_query($query);

        while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
                etc.....

I have found something that works, but it is still not like the above and is
really bulky. I can not get the type (varchar, etc) to show like above, it
will show string, blob, etc, and the last problem is it puts the last 4
fields in one variable (flags).

Does anyone know of a way to get this to output as shown above. I am putting
this into a form for editing, so I need everything in the proper places.

Thanks

Here is the entire code:

        mysql_select_db($_SESSION['currentdb']);

        $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$_SESSION['currenttb']);
        $fields = mysql_num_fields($result);
        $rows  = mysql_num_rows($result);
        $table  = mysql_field_table($result, 0);

        for ($i=0; $i < $fields; $i++) {
                $type  = mysql_field_type($result, $i);
                $name  = mysql_field_name($result, $i);
                $len  = mysql_field_len($result, $i);
                $flags = mysql_field_flags($result, $i);
                echo all the filds....
        }

This outputs (depending on the order you echo them):

username string 50 [not_null primary_key auto_increment]  value in [] is one
value.