On 1/23/07, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry for troubling all again.
> I am trying to use the Pear DB_ldap for the above scripts.
>
> Does any one have any sample code for ldap_connect () ldap_search etc.

http://php.net/ldap_connect

http://php.net/ldap_search

Both pages have examples.

If you have a specific problem then post it.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Thanx for replying Chris.

I am in process to modify my existing php scripts to a more neater/compact code.

In current scripts certain code ( ldap_connect , ldap_bind , if connet
error show error page etc ) is repeated many times.

This makes the scripts very bulky and even small changes that need to
be done are very difficult to implement.

That's why I am looking for some thing with a ready functions for the
above which I can use. I believe PEAR DB_ldap has it. But very little
documentation is avaliable.

So I was searching for any sample scripts.

-----
My current script:
user edit page
<?php
require 'validate.php' // included on every page to check logged in user.

bind to ldap else error..

show a form to user to edit user details.

post to update script.

disconnect ldap.

?>

on update
<?php
validate user

bind to ldap else .....

check if any changes need to be done to the user .( compare before &
after values in the POST variables )
create the array for modfiy
do ldap_modify
in case error shout , else tell all is ok.

ldap_disconnect.
?>

The problem is, for separate edit pages I have written separate update
pages. Any new object to edit needs a new edit page & a relevent
update page.

I believe if I can use functions this can be reduced to just one
update page with fewer edit pages.

Very sorry for this long mail.

Thanx & Regards
Ram