> if (preg_match('/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&()*;:_.'\\/\\\\ ]+$/', $string))
>
> Use single quotes and double back-slashes. PHP strings also
> have escape sequences that use the back-slash as escape
> character, that's why you have to double them. And single
> quotes to avoid the $ character interpreted as the start of a
> variable.
>
> PS: Will we be risking going the perl way if we ask that PHP
> supported regular expressions natively (I mean: without
> having to provide them as strings)?

I have tried all the examples posted in the last couple of days, and none of
them, including the above work. Is there another solution to this, as this
just seems to be way to buggy?

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
/constants.php on line 107

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
//constants.php on line 107

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
/constants.php on line 107

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
/constants.php on line 107

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
//constants.php on line 107

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in
//constants.php on line 107

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in //constants.php on line 107