Hi all, I posted a question a couple of days ago regarding a web app I have
wherein users are able to indicated prices and concessions via a text field,
and the resulting encoding issues I have experienced, the main one being
seeing the pound sign as £ if viewing the results in a browser with the
encoding set to Latin-1.

My question is, how do I overcome this. If I set my browser encoding to
Latin-1 and enter the data I get that odd symbol, if I set it to UTF-8 I get
clean data. Is there a way to sniff out what encoding the browser is using
and then clean the data in any way.

I am googling for help also but you guys have been so helpful in the past I
thought I'd try you also.

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk