From: Stut [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 5:31 AM
To: benifactor
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] who is online?

benifactor wrote:
sorry if you misunderstood, i just wanted to know if it could be done
with php alone.

It can't, and this should be fairly obvious. If the client-side makes no
contact with the server for a period of time, how do you expect it to
know that the user hasn't moved to another page?

The bottom line is that this needs some client-side code to work,
whether it be Javascript or just an iframe with a meta refresh tag.

-Stut

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>