Hello,

on 02/08/2007 11:27 AM Ross said the following:
> Does anyone know of a form validation class available that gives
>
> (i) feedback in a graphical way like this (the ticks and crosses)
>
> http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?act=Reg&coppa_user=0&termsread=1&coppa_pass=1

Yes, you may want to try this forms generation and validation class. It
lets you assign CSS classes or styles that are used to render the inputs
when they are invalid.

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

It may not be obvious, but you can assign invalid CSS styles that make a
custom icon appear in the input margins. Take a look at this example
page. It does not do exactly what I said but you can change the invalid
CSS style to make it work like that.

http://www.meta-language.net/forms-examples.html?example=test_form

Here you can also watch a video with audio comments explaining how it works:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1/video/1/section/example-form.html

> (ii) Is dynamic..for example I have a checkbox
> do you own a car?. If I tick 'no' nothing happens. If I tick yes two new
> fields ask for the year and model.

I think you can achieve this with hidden divs and some Javascript
connected to the checkbox button.

The class above has a feature named SubForm validation that can also be
helpful for this. It lets you define a sub-set of a form that is
validated depending on the submit button that is used.

> I do not mind if this is a paid class or a free but some suggestions would
> be nice.

If you are not sure how to do it, I can help you as I am the developer
of the class. I mean I can teach you how to hook the fish, but will not
fish for you. If you need paid consultancy on this class, I can also
recommend several capable developers willing to do it.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/