On 08-May-01 Jack Sasportas wrote:

<snip>

> The Goal is to have the Time stamp looking like 12:24 (military time OK)
>
> and the date 05-08-2001 or even 05-08-01.
>
> The MySQL db looks like so:
>  date       0000-00-00
>  time      00:00:00
>
> I don't seem to really be able to vary the DB format.

combine the date & time:

mystamp datetime  ..

select date_format(mystamp,'%m-%d%Y %r') as ts from blah;

> Any examples or links to good docs appreciated....

 find /usr/local -name "manual.txt" -print | grep mysql
 http://www.mysql.com/manual.php

Regards,
--
Don Read                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to