You've either got path problems or up2date is not installed. That's what 'command not found' means, it can't find the 'up2date' command.

Do you just want to start the MySQL server? Or are you trying to update the MySQL rpm?

You should be able to start the server with a '/etc/init.d/mysql start', as root. If that doesn't work try 'mysqld' in place of 'mysql'. I don't remember which one Fedora uses.

If you're trying to update the rpm then make sure you have up2date installed. 'rmp -qa | grep up2date' should get you something. If it is installed then try to ad the complete path to up2date, I can't remember where it is off the top of my head but '/usr/bin/up2date' or '/usr/sbin/up2date' should get it.

I would also suggest you either look online or get a good book on linux administration, especially if this system is doing anything important. As root you can really mess it up if you don't know what you're doing. And you could probably find a good used book fairly cheap. You shouldn't need to get the latest and greatest as the basic administration stuff has been relatively standard for quite a few years now.

Good Luck!

Ed