On Fri, March 9, 2007 5:15 am, Riyadh S. Alshaeiq wrote:
>  I am looking for an HTTP function for getting remote filesizes.
> Keeping in
> mind that I am NOT interested in getting the "size on disk" figure, I
> need
> the actual size of the files when downloaded to a local machine.
> Please let
> me know if there are any..

http://php.net/filesize

You may need to put something like this on the remote server:
<?php
  $filename = $_REQUEST['filename'];
  $filesize = filesize("/full/path/to/stuff/they/should/see/$filename");
  echo $filesize;
?>

Or maybe not, as PHP may be smart enough to handle something like this
on your local server:
The PHP homepage is currently this large:<br />
<?php echo filesize('http://php.net/');?>

I have no idea what you mean by "size on disk" number.

Bytes is bytes.

However big the file is, that's how big it is.

Well, maybe, under Windows, there is some other meaningless weird
number you can get... [shrug]

http://php.net/filemtime
http://php.net/filectime

--