The PHP User probably does not have write access to the new .out file
it just created.

Why Windows would be this weird, and let you create a file you cannot
write to is beyond my comprehension, but there it is...

If it's a multi-user Windows box, try logging in as the user PHP runs
as, which is IUSER_machinename, I think, on some Windows boxes...

exec() also takes 2 more arguments, which pass back output and error
code.

If Windows is giving any kind of error message and or OS error code,
you can get them by using those 2 args.

Do this first, actually, as it is better than just guessing what went
wrong.

On Tue, March 13, 2007 6:14 am, Pablo Luque wrote:
> Hello, I'm designing a website with php and the critical point of the
> design
> is to execute a program in the server, so after execution is finished,
> server will show the client some data and info.
> The program is called pspice, which analizes electronic circuits,
> works in
> msdos and in order to call him you need to write in the command the
> input
> file (which is created before we call the program) and the output
> file,
> which can have the same name as the input file, since they have a
> different
> extension. If everything works correctly after the execution of the
> proper
> command, a .out (the output file written in the command) file should
> be
> created with the data the server would later provide to the client.
> I have got to execute the program using the line:
>
> exec('c:\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\cmd.exe /c start
> c:\\PHP\\PSPICE\\pspice1.exe
> ej1 ej1')
>
> The problem I have is that the execution never ends. The cmd window
> with the
> execution of the program appears and never ends, just keep simulating
> (and
> the execution should be over in less than a second). The .out file is
> created but it is empty. How can I make the execution of the program
> stop
> and continue executing the rest of the code of my php file?
>
> Thanks!

Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?
http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch