I know, geuss i shouldn't be so hard on vista users, its still a young os..

> I'm not sure which drive names you were referring to, but
> coming from a Web Developing background, I certainly pay
> utmost attention to naming conventions. 10 years ago I've
> been there where simple HTML pages wouldn't pull up due to
> Case mismatch, spaces or special characters. I can assure you
> in my personal case with this "Cannot load mySQL extension",
> folder/file names is not the issue.
>
> Security is a an issue I need to learn & understand further
> in regards to Vista and may well be the cause of my problem.
Have fun with the KB ;)
i gave up ages ago.. But happy to hear you want to go further :)

> And while I don't find much logic in Richard's solution
No this is not a solution, it is a "fluke" it just happened to work, but the
world is still not aware of WHY! The eternal all so important question !!

> (I.e., copying the DLL), without trying, it would be too
> premature to label it logical or illogical - because if it
> does work, logic can be scrutinized.

You right i "miss-worded" that (if you do search further the reason it works
will most certainly BE logical),
lets do this again:
Copying a file over into a place that makes something work is not an answer,
an answer is 'the .dll must be placed here for x reasons'. Which i "bet"
will if you go further into the matter be because 'folder x doesnt have the
same permissions as the original folder'.

What i mean is:
The more you search for the reasons, the more you will understand the
workings, the less you will have to fix the problems ;)

> All in all, good post there mate, and appreciate you sharing
> your mind!

Thanks, and I sincerely hope you get thing up and running like you need
them, and don't forget to have fun getting their ;)

Regards,

Tim