On Mar 22, 2007, at 11:52 PM, Travis Doherty wrote:

Juergen Wind wrote:

Travis Doherty wrote:

By default the session cookie expires when the browseris closed.

this is not always true: f.e. FF requires *all* open windows to be closed to
forget that session.

Personally I think this does make sense. I fully expect the browser to
maintain cookies "Until it is closed" -- If I have closed one tab that
had set a cookie, re-opening that URL in a new window/tab should still
cause the browser to send in my cookie.

Ouch! That doesn't make sense to me. I closed the tab/window, I expect that session to be done... period, without having to close down the whole application and restart it and open up all the other windows that I was working in. There are some things about FF that just really raise my hackles...

Oh well, that's good info to have anyway, and yet another reason *not* to use FF to check my bank balance.

Ed