Hello everyone,

 This is is a little off topic.

 I was configuring MySQL on IRIX, when I realize that the system does not
 have the commands to add users.

    GROUPADD  and  USERADD

 So, I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

  The installation guides ask me to run

     shell> groupadd mysql
     shell> useradd -g mysql mysql

 1)
  Now, if this command is to be called from '/usr/local/mysql' then, what
  is the '/etc/passwd' entry?

  I have (in the passwd file)

  mysql: * : 6 : 6 : MySQL Group: /dev/null : /dev/null

  # To create the MySQL group...equivalent to 'shell> groupadd mysql'

  mysql: * : 1061 : 6 : MySQL Default User: /dev/null : /dev/null

  # To add the regular(MySQL) user account.

  Is this correct?

 2) Also, Where can I find the 'groupadd' and 'useradd' command? I would
    like to add it to the system, for future uses. I've check the sgi
    support pages (support.sgi.com) but didn't find much help.
    Is this considered a PATCH, or what?

 Please help.

  -John

     P E P I E  D E S I G N S