At 12:54 PM +0100 3/27/07, Ford, Mike wrote:
On 24 March 2007 16:28, tedd wrote:

 > 2007. 03. 23, péntek keltezéssel 17.30-kor Dwayne Heronimo ezt írta:
 >  > YES this works thank nemeth:
 >
 > your welcome but please call me Zoltán ;)
 > (my first name is Zoltán. in Hungary we write names the opposite
 > order than anywhere else ;) so that's why my mailbox is set to
 > display 'Németh Zoltán' but I sign my mails as 'Zoltán Németh'
 > showing that my first name is Zoltán and last name is Németh :) )
 >
 > greets
 > Zoltán Németh

 Zoltán:

 You see, people are looking at your email address
 and making the assumption that your first name is
 Nemeth.

 Now, you have a choice: a) don't change you email
 and continue receiving email thinking Nemeth is
 your first name; b) or change your email address.

 As us USA types are told, we all have to adapt to global conventions.
 :-)

... which presumably explains why the (US-owned) company my wife works for has email addresses in the form [EMAIL PROTECTED] Would you be equally confused by these?

I'm easily confused anyway. If people want to call me sperling instead of tedd (it's better than other things I've been called) it doesn't make any difference to me and I wasn't the one complaining anyway.

If a US company wants to use [EMAIL PROTECTED], then as we all know, management is always right -- so let's all change to that. Except for the companies that do it the other way -- ah, there I go being confused again. There's just no getting around it. Why can't we all just agree?

Fortunately, I have other things to worry about.  :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------