Juergen Wind wrote:

> phpinfo() only reflects values set in php.ini (globally), http.conf (f.e.
> per vhost) or .htaccess (per folder and below)
> and only if phpinfo is called from inside that folder/vhost.
> ini_set is only in the scope of your script.
> so you can't test the effects of your ini_set values  using phpinfo() at
> all.
> you have to test the behaviour of the script or put a corresponding  echo
> ini_get('...') after your ini_set.

to make it clear: my comment was meant for a separate file with phpinfo();
in it.
but you can put phpinfo inside your script (after ini_set of course) like
so:

<?php
ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');
error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set('error_log', 'LocalPhpErr.log');
ini_set('session.save_path', '/bad');
phpinfo(4); // core only
session_start();
?>