Tijnema ! wrote:

> On 3/28/07, Davi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Hi all.
>>
>> I've reading on some sites [1,2] that PHP 6 is comming soon...
>>
>> What should I do?
>> Migrate my server and apps to PHP 5 now and, later to PHP 6, or wait
>> some more
>> time and migrate all to PHP 6?
>>
>> TIA
>

> I think you should migrate to PHP5 now, as i think it will take some
> time before a real PHP6 release is coming. I don't know where you
> useit for. Is it development or productional? For development you
> could work with a CVS Snapshot, but that's not recommended for
> productional.
> But of course if you don't have any problems with the PHP you are
> currently using (I guess PHP 4.x), then it's not really needed to
> upgrade.

I agree and disagree - I agree with "you should migrate to PHP5 *NOW*"
(my emphasis added) and I disagree with "then it's not really needed to
upgrade." (unless you don't care about security.)

Ilia Alshanetsky gave a great talk on this topic recently,
http://ilia.ws/talks/ scroll to the bottom to "(PDF) Migrating to PHP
5.2.1".

Travis Doherty