On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 06:54:53PM +0200, Vincen Pujol wrote:
>                  Hi,
>          Sorry for the crossposting but I don't know where to find a
> solution for this. I need to be able to update dynamically entries in a DNS
> (Bind 9). My DNS supports dynamic updates but how to do dynamic updates in
> my DNS server from a PHP Script ??

Might be interesting to add such a thing to PHP as a PEAR extension
maybe, but you could use a separate program for that, and just execute
it from PHP. Another possibility is to use my LDAP back-end for BIND
rather than dynamic updates. The effect is mostly the same. BIND will
look up the data in LDAP every time (lose some performance, normally
not a problem), and you can modify the data at any time from for
instance PHP by accessing the LDAP server. If anyone wants to look at
the LDAP back-end, see http://www/dns/bind/bind-sdb/. If you look at
it, please look at version .4 and the dnsZone. Versions prior to .4
shouldn't be used any more, I'll change the web page shortly.

Stig