Hi,

I have a generic database class that I built to connect to our different
databases.  From other posts that I've read, I think the safe thing is for me
to put this file outside the web root, ensure it has a .php extension, set the
include path to include this folder and include it in any pages that require
it.  Is this correct?

Also, how do you handle the different environments: dev, test, and prod?  I
don't want to have to change the code every time I copy the file over.  Do I
have an independent file that determines if that folder should point to
dev/test/prod?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bruce