At 2:06 PM -0500 4/5/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hey... I am new to the list so please forgive me if I say anything that might have already been discussed. So here we go...

OK I am attempting to start a new application using PHP. I have started and stoped this application now 2 times cause I get moving then I stop realizing I should have done this work before hand and in a differant way. I was wondering does anyone have any places I can read on how develope a PHP Web application like what area should I start with first, what are somethings I need to think about before hand. The application I am working on is Database driven app. It will have data inserted into the DB from various data sources that are manually entered.

However I need to develope the app as dynamic as possible for future add-ons... I know I am probably biting off more then I can chew at this time... So any pointers or exampled (which would be great) on how to start an app from scratch and also how to use OOP (Which I have a feeling is what I need to learn) would be wonderful. Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Billy S.

Billy:

The best advice I can give you is to buy several php/mysql books and read them. Then implement the examples they give you and slowly build all the routines you will need to create your application.

The idea that you can create a complicated application without knowing how, is filed with unnecessary complications and frustrations -- don't do it.

As with ALL programming problems -- start small, reduce all problems into smaller problems that you can solve. Then assemble the small solutions together after careful consideration of what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------