Hello to All!
I've been monitoring this emotional listing from the beginning and feel
the need to bring out some of my personal experience on this exciting
matter of

WYSIWYG vs. the 'power-user'

1) I started back when there where no GUI's available anywhere!
In time I became quite comfortable with keystrokes for everything.
Even loved the keystroke!  I would be heard to say even years later, Ahh,
you new kids are spoiled and know not a thing of the way it "should" be;
the power-user way!

2) Times are different now; memory and disk space are not a big deal with
the programmer.  One does not have to account for every byte available.
Hence, the GUI's are in force today and newer professionals are quite
proficient in their use.
The old timer "power-user" is becoming less and less in number.  The new
kids love the GUI.

3) I have noticed a painful quality of the GUI only experience of
Dreamweaver and Photoshop.  That is, new and usually young people invest
their time learning Dreamweaver and Photoshop becoming proficient creating
web pages that look great.
However, they rarely look at the code once the project works in the
browser and is ready for the web.

I am involved with such a situation now and the GUI kids have no idea what
the html code really looks like and are not interested in the coding.  I'm
talking about the 'non-compliance of html W3 Spec' in all their files.
The HTML code is embarrassing to look at, capitalizations, missing end
tags, added end tags, on and on and on.  And what happened to the Doctype?
This comes from spending most of the time mouse clicking instead of typing
in the code (at least after one cuts and pastes into the code we make sure
we look at it and adjust it to fit properly in every aspect, then get rid
of the extra pasted in excess not needed, don't just comment it out.

I do not use Dreamweaver, I prefer a text editor keystrokes to do the work.
I've lost an entire days worth of work because of the fabled DW memory
crash. It is a huge program with parts of it that are buggy and slow.  It
is very powerful as well with its good aspects.  I like the 'clean and
mean' approach.  I know where everything is and there is no wondering
about things.
I go over every piece of code in every page.  It must look good as well as
work to my satisfaction.  When someone clicks on 'view source' they are
looking at the HTML of yours!  You are responsible for every thing you do.
 To some of you I ask, "Did you forget about this or do you just not
care?"

Bottom line: Use what ever means necessary that brings you to a quality,
polished, well-coded web app.  And look at the whole App.  Every part of
it.
You will be judged by your output.  Even what you don't want people to
see, if they can see it they will judge you by it.

Also, I do not believe in making fun of people or their views on a subject
even if I feel I know better.  Better a friend than an enemy.

Great Coding and success in life!

Hope I haven't bored anyone out there.