On 4/13/07, Micky Hulse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think I just read that PHP is ran as CGI on Dreamhost... this does not
sound good. Can anyone confirm?

What do you all think? Good? Bad?

I have dealt with one other server that did this (PHP as CGI) and I
hated it!

I just bought a years worth of hosting... I have a trial period so I
think I can still cancel.

Should I stick with it or find a host that runs PHP under Apache?

Please advise.

(FYI: Using Expression Engine for CMS/blog -- I read that it is
recommended to use EE with PHP not as CGI.)

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Micky

Google tells me that it is an optional feature to run PHP as CGI,
default it is running under apache. Atleast that's what i found for
dreamhost.

Tijnema

--
Wishlists: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>