On 4/16/07, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 1:31 AM -0400 4/16/07, Jeremy Adams wrote:
>I'm building a website right now that will be a database of attractions in
>the Carolina and Virginia area.
>The idea is that attraction owners can submit data to the database and the
>database will automatically generate a page containing that information.
>What I'm trying to figure out is how to generate the pages automatically and
>have links to them added to the site.  If someone could help me or point me
>in the direction of a book or web page that covers this I would really
>appreciate it.

Jeremy:

Welcome to php and mysql, because if you're going to do it yourself,
then you're going to have to learn it.

Here's some online tutorials to introduce you.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/php/article.php/3472391
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
http://www.weberdev.com/ViewArticle/433
http://www.weberdev.com/Manuals/PHP/
http://www.unf.edu/~rita0001/eresources/php_tutorials/index.htm

As you develop, post specific problems on this list and we'll help.

Plus, it would be a good idea to buy a few of books on the subject
like the PHP Cookbook, MSQL Cookbook, PHP Developer's Cookbook and
PHP Security (not a cookbook). As you see, I'm big into Cookbooks.

However, that's a minor fraction of the php, mysql, javascript, and
other books I've purchased to do what you're wanting to do. It might
be cheaper and quicker to hire one of us.

Or just google for some tutorials like : www.tizag.com
It has a great tutorial for n00bs... ;)

After that you probably will be able to make such site you want to :)

Tijnema

Cheers,

tedd