Hello,

on 04/16/2007 11:14 AM blackwater dev said the following:
> I'm working on a site where I need to allow someone to send me a text
> message and let the code take their message and respond or post it in the
> db.  Can someone point me in the right direction on how this is done?

You need several classes for what you want. Take a look at these classes:

POP3class
Read messages from a mailbox
http://www.phpclasses.org/pop3class

MIME Parser
Parse messages and retrieve their parts
http://www.phpclasses.org/mimeparser

Metabase
Database independent abstraction package that supports many types of
databases. Supports BLOB fields, in case you want to store attachments
http://www.phpclasses.org/metabase

MIME message composing and sending
Compose and send standards compliant e-mail messages. Supports text
wrapping and quoting, which is useful to generate automatic replies
quoting the original message
http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,