Thanks mate, that clarifies that. And now I know why I use echo all the time *g*

Have a great day,... greetings from sunny germany :o)

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dimiter Ivanov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Christian Haensel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] echo or print ?

On 4/17/07, Christian Haensel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Good morning fellow coders

I've been working with PHP for a little over 5 years now, and it even got me a cute office and a good salary... but even though I can make a living off
of it, I am still wondering about a few little things.

Whenever I see people put their code up for review, I realize they mostly
use print instead of echo, while I am using echo 99% of the time. Actually,
I can't even remember when I last used the regular print.

What do you guys use, and what is the advantage (if ther is any) of print
over echo? And I am not talking about print_r or anything, just the regular
print. :o)

There is a link in the manual about the difference between those two:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1/fid/40