Hi all,

I have this code ( but you already know it ;-) :

function preg_array($pattern, $array, $r_array)
 {
   global $match;
   global $r_array;

   foreach ($array as $key => $value)
   {
     if (preg_match($pattern, $value,$match))
     {
       $r_array=array_slice($match,1);
       break;
  return array ($r_array, $match);
 }

$GA = array();
preg_array("/^GA\s+(\d+.\d+)\s+(\d+.\d+)/i", $PF, $GA)

but the array $GA is empty outside the function, i tried to declare $GA also
as global inside the function and it didn't change the output.
It works if the function is change to this :

function preg_array($pattern, $array, $GA)
 {
   global $match;
   global $GA;

   foreach ($array as $key => $value)
   {
     if (preg_match($pattern, $value,$match))
     {
       $GA=array_slice($match,1);
       break;
  return array ($GA, $match);
 }

What's wrong with the first version of the preg_array function? do I really
need to have the same array name in order to retrieve the third argument of
the function?

Thanks for your help,
yvan