I don't know of any free providers for what you want to do,
but i've used http://www.clickatell.com/ to send text message notification
from servers before.

You can trigger the sending of the message by various methods including
email and http request.

Hope this helps

J.

On 4/19/07, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    I actually believe that vText is strictly for Verizon Wireless users,
but I tried sending web messages to friends without it and, according to
the
system, the messages went through.  So I guess you could give it a shot.