At 11:56 AM -0500 4/20/07, Matthew Powell wrote:
Panquekas wrote:
 On 20/04/07, Panquekas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

 I'm sorry, my mistake. What I tried to say is that the session_start() was
 on the top of the page, and the if( ) block was after that and the login
 script was even after the if( ), so the first thing to ran was the
 session_start() then the if( ) block and after that the login script
 registering the $_SESSION's. I moved the login script to the middle of the
 session_start() and the if( ).

<snip>

Am I the only one that uses 'session.auto_start = 1'?

It saves me from worrying about that type of problem.

Matt

I don't do it that way and I don't worry, I just do it when I need to.

Making it automatic when it's not needed is needless (by definition) and carries with it a lot of overhead.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------