On 4/26/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, April 25, 2007 3:33 pm, Seth Price wrote:
> I downloaded your image, enlarged it, and measured it out in
> photoshop. The distance from the center to the left side is 131px,
> and center to right side is 129px. Diameter to top is 129px, and to
> bottom is 130px.
>
> While it may not be an obvious ellipse, it's enough to throw off my
> calculations.

Enlarged it how?

I guess he meant to zoom, so that he could actually count the pixels :)

As soon as you "scale" an image, rounding errors are introduced...

Take his source, maybe with a font 10 X bigger,  and then using
imagecolorat to examine each pixel in the original, and see if it's
off...

And, really, if drawing text with a 1-pixel error margin throws you
off, you're in trouble anyway...

It just shouldn't be like that :)

Though the super dark 90-degree text versus the others with much
larger variations in length is disconcerting, in your image, if those
length calculations are correct...

Still, it has probably nothing to do with PHP, as PHP is just using
the GD library

Tijnema