No, I meant a dedicated server that you lease in a datacenter, not one
that you'd have to be responsible for in your own home.  I had Comcast cable
Internet, too.... my speeds were actually pretty good (in northeast
Pennsylvania) with them and Adelphia, whom they bought out last year.  About
4Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up, average.  Not too shabby.

   What I was offering is to compile the code on one of my machines (Linux)
and zip'ing the file so that you could download it, bundle it with your
code, and upload it to your server in your account.  Your host shouldn't
have to do anything at all if I rewrite some of the C source and rewrite the
Makefile to compile all of the modules to be in a same-directory structure
(or a subdirectory of the runtime directory).  This would mean that you
wouldn't have to install anything in /usr/lib or something like that.  It,
instead, could be something like /home/sperling/audio/ with libraries
installed in directories under that.  You'd want it there instead of a
web-accessible directory, and then you'd call it from PHP like so: <?
passthru('../command --flag -b -l -a -h); ?>

   Just a suggestion though.

On 4/26/07, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Tedd,
>
>    If you want, I'll zip up my compiled binary of Festival for you to
try
>on your system.  I'll put it up on one of my servers so that you can
>download it.
>
>    I really like Richard's idea of making a PECL component for
Festival....
>there's something to look into this weekend....
>
>--
>Daniel P. Brown
>[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272
>[mobile] (570-) 766-8107

Daniel:

That would be great -- however, I'm running a Mac and from what I've
read, it don't run on a Mac.

The PECL thing would be great, but that means that host would still
have to install it, right? You see, I've never used a PECL extension.

Thanks very much for your interest and help.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------