On 4/26/07, Justin Frim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
tedd wrote:

> At 5:06 PM +0200 4/26/07, Tijnema ! wrote:
>
>> It's not XHTML 1.0 Strict valid .. :P
>> You're page is HTML 4.01 valid, i think you should make it XHTML 1.0
>> Strict.
>

> Argggg. Then I would have to add all those "/" to my ">" in all my
> code in all my sites. Literally millions of new "/" would have to be
> added. That act could possibly crash the net.
>
> So, until someone points out a good reason for me to change (I'm open
> for redirection), I'll continue to use what works for me. Besides,
> it's still compliant, isn't it?

Call me crazy, but I use HTML 4.01 Transitional.
It's messy as ever, but it works.  And I've never had a browser bark
I'll also admit I don't have enough CSS knowledge yet to make page
layouts with completely dynamic positioning that actually look good,
regardless of the browser window size and aspect ratio.  You know,
tables do a fantastic job of controlling layout.  :-)

(I'm expecting several hate-mail replies now.)

Yes like this one.... :P

It's actually quite simple, all you have to do is set positon to
absolute, and use % for the left, right, top and bottom, or it won't
resize.

I used tables also when i started, once you know how tables work,
you'll find them easy, but they aren't advanced enough once you want
more. I've faced this problem when i wanted to create 1 single page
that i won't ever leave (AJAX). I'm currently working on such page,
but with a lot more stuff, and then i'm facing stupid browser limits.
IE6 is not capable of changing CSS layouts from javascript. Also, IE6
is giving a lot of trouble with its cache. I need to clear all files
from the options menu before i can test my site again. A simple
refresh isn't enough, while a refresh works fine in FF. Didn't test it
yet at IE7, it seems that it works better there...

The current problem is that i'm no GFX master, and that i can only
create layouts with colors, and no images, and they are guaranteed to
look bad :P

Tijnema