On 4/26/07, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 2:01 PM -0400 4/26/07, Robert Cummings wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 13:19 -0400, tedd wrote:
>
>  > .grey { color: grey; }  <-- external, not embedded.
>
>Oh dear, that's terrible, everyone knows you should use dropped
>vertically aligned braces in CSS:
>
>.grey
>{
>     color: grey;
>}

>That's disgusting... now what happens if you want to change the text to
>blue? You either have a class called grey that makes the text blue, or
>you have to change all the HTML where you used class="grey" which puts
>you squarely back into the realm of why the font tag was deprecated.

Negatory there grasshopper. You use the color rule for any tag that
exhibits color AND have as many colors as you want -- it's a simperer
way..

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/simperer   <-- Yeah...
SIMPERER!!!!  *giggle*

Plus, you didn't do the braces right. They should be:

.grey
   {
   color: grey;
   }

In seriousness, I /do/ use colors that way -- and it works for me.

Cheers,

tedd

For such things, i think you could better do this:

Tijnema