On 4/26/07, Dave Goodchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all. I have built an online events directory in php (
http://dontjustsitthere.co.uk) where people can find local events and also
post their events. The app is composed of a single page, index.php, that
generates different content depending on the parameters passed to it and
uses sessions for persistence.

I have had nothing but pain with IE6 with this, I don't use any third-party
cookies and one issue was resolved by using this line at the top of the
page:

ini_set('session.name', 'couchy');
session_start();

Why do you have cookies in your title, and you're using sessions?
These are different things...

To post an event, the first form processes the category and postcode of the
event plus a captcha field. The fields are validated and cleaned and then
passed into $_SESSION.

On the next stage I perform a cookie check, and if there are issues warn the
user. This has been happening to every IE6 user, they can't get past the
first page - so that means that $_SESSION['category'] and
$_SESSION['postcode'] are not being populated.

Maybe some code could help us determine the real problem, with this
text description, there could be 100+ different codes that could fit,
and maybe some work with IE6, and some don't.

I thought I had this nailed but it's rearing it's butt-ugly head again.
Anyone aware of the probable cause of this?

IE6 is full of sh*t, I had a lot of trouble with it lately too, seems
that it doesn't handle all RFC/W3C standards....
But as i said before, we can't do anything without your code :)

Tijnema