On 4/27/07, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   Even beyond the scope of what this small project will be, I was thinking
(for once!) that it probably will not be too horribly difficult to
incorporate some code into PHP itself that would allow functions such as
text2wav(), et al.  After all, the Festival TTS engine itself, which we'll
be using as a foundation (and first floor even), is already written in C++,
so hopefully back-porting it to PHP's native C language core won't prove to
be too much of a nightmare.

   Just a thought....

Is it 100% C++?

that could be a serious problem, AFAIK, unless we are creating a
shared library of course, because from that point, the language
doesn't matter (not sure about static, but i believe it is the same)

And what about other TTS engines? FreeTTS? Festival-lite?

Tijnema

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272