Hi Roberto, I finally made it to work by using the content-type option in
adition to your earlier tip.  I did this Windows -> Preferences -> Content
Types -> i clicked on text in the top box -> and selected -> PHP Source file ,
then added my custom extension below.

  The new custom extension now behaves exactly like a php file.

  Cheers..at least your tip lead me there.

Don Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Roberto, i tried out your tip, it does work but it looses the syntax
highlighting functionality. Is there anyway I can make the new extension open
up its contents with syntax and other php oriented functionalities ?

Cheers

Roberto Mansfield wrote:
Don Don wrote:
> Hi all, i've changed my server's apache config to recognize my custom
> extension for php files. And all my development filenames now come
> with this new extension.
>
> However my IDE (Php Eclipse) will not recognise this new extension as
> a php file, even though it opens it up but it looses all the php
> features (e.g. syntax highlighting, flags, errors, warnning,
> intellisence etc)
>
> How can i make php-eclipse recognise my new custom extension as a php
> file ?

I believe what you want to do is setup a file association in your
preferences. Give this a try:

Open Window->Preferences.

Under General->Editors->File Associations, add your new file extension.
Highlight the new extension and use the Associated Editors box below to
tie the extension to the PHP editor.

Good luck,
Roberto