First and foremost, it's a VERY BAD idea to use root for MySQL.  If your
code isn't perfect (and even sometimes if it is), arbitrary commands and SQL
injection attacks could lead to migraines that no Tylenol will ever be able
to alleviate.

   Secondly, what error is the CLI kicking out when you run it from the
command line?