On Tue, May 1, 2007 4:48 pm, Daniel Brown wrote:
>     I don't think I'm quite following why you wouldn't just want to
> break it
> up into groups of 20....

Because in the real world, it's not an even distribution of popularity.

There are only 1 or 2 Legends, and a handful of Rock Stars, and a
couple dozen Household Names, and then lots and lots of Famous in the
Top 100.

I need the relative popularity as a weighted distribution thingie,
like that.

I don't know what the actual scores will be, as they will change over
time with more users -- but I know the relativistic popularity is not
an even distribution curve.

Damn I wish I remembered this crap from 20 years ago better.

I so do *not* want to run through those textbooks again.  I hated it
the first time around... :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?