No, to my knowledge, even PHP3 (I honestly don't remember if it was in
PHP/FI, but I don't think so) allowed you to use the same name for multiple
heredoc's.  It just works like the for/next concept in BASIC.... for this =
this to that (do something), next this.  Meaning that as soon as the
condition is met (this = that), release this.

   And as far as I know, Perl is the same, as are any other languages where
heredoc syntax is present.

   That's kind of dumbing it down to the point of changing it, perhaps, but
I hope I'm at least speaking English.

On 5/2/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, April 30, 2007 7:18 pm, Paul Novitski wrote:
> When I first started using PHP I thought that each heredoc label had
> to be unique.  Turns out that's not true, and now I use the simple
> shorthand:
>
> $sResult = <<<_
> Some text.
> _;

I suspect earlier versions of PHP required unique labels...

At least, I *still* thought they had to be unique... :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?