Hello,

I'm trying to send a ZIP file generated on the fly in a temporary directory.
The ZIP file is created successfully and I'm using the following code to send
it to the client :

    $filesize=filesize($path);
    $mimetype='application/zip';

    // Make sure there's not anything else left
    ob_clean_all();

    // Start sending headers
    header("Pragma: public"); // required
    header("Expires: 0");
    header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
    header("Cache-Control: private",false); // required for certain browsers
    header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
    header("Content-Description: File Transfer");
    header("Content-Type: ".$mimetype);
    header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".$name."\";" );
    header("Content-Length: ".$filesize);

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]($path,"rb");
    while([EMAIL PROTECTED]($fp))
    {
        set_time_limit(0);
        print @fread($fp, 8192);
    }
    @fclose($fp);

The ob_clean_all() function :
function ob_clean_all () {
    $ob_active = ob_get_length () !== false;
    while($ob_active) {
        ob_end_clean();
        $ob_active = ob_get_length () !== false;
    }

    return true;
}

The problem is that Apache process the output throught gzip and so drop the
Content-Length header replacing it with a chunked transfer. This should work
fine but Internet Explorer simply save the raw gzip compressed data instead of
the ZIP archive. However this works fine with Firefox.

gzip encoding is unecessary since I'm transfering a ZIP archive, so I think
just disabling it should solve the problem, but I haven't found how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
strawks.

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses.