SOLUTION FOUND!

i copied libmysql.dll and php_mysql.dll to my c:\windows\ folder

suddenly my script connects.  that's all it took.

my extension directory is set to C:\PHP in php.ini, but for some reason,
placing the dlls in
the windows folder did the trick.  i searched httpd.conf and php.ini for
"WINDOWS" and did not find
a reference, but it works.

thank you for taking the time to help.  maybe this info can help you or

someone you know.

On 5/7/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Compare what <?php phpinfo();?> says is REALLY your extension dir with
what you think is your extension dir...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?